2021-12-06 DMS General Meeting
Contents of Meeting
- Meeting start @ 7:00
- Previous minutes
Board Members attending
Board members absent w/ notification
Board members absent w/o notification:
- Emily wrote back to Crista about furniture and info about a couple laser cutters.
- Crista had some questions about cabinets with closing doors that might fit 3D printers.
- Emily will ask Rob (who currently is housing the 3D printers) on the measurements.
- Waiting on Jax to continue; need him for quorum.
- Received e-mail absence notification from James, so probably technically have quorum, but since Jax is on the ballot it would be nice if he were around to vote.
- Bill says Gary from friends of the library says people have been asking about when the next repair cafe is.
- Might be nice to have a sign on the library bulletin board with an e.g. QR code to the mailing list so those people can sign up and get notified.
- Other bulletin boards around town could also be good.
- Bill will draft up such a sign.
- Talk some about how much funds we have and what we might do with it since we aren’t paying rent.
- Bill asks if a laser cutter is too noisy or smelly to be in library space; should it be portable?
- Emily says it isn’t good to be moving around, and should be somewhere that has fire suppression.
- Plus the library will install a ventilation system.
- The space is fairly insulated from the rest of the library with a closing door, so perhaps it will be sufficiently isolated.
- Though perhaps there are other noise mitigation techniques one can employ.
- Will try again with all people up for a board position present next week.
Meeting adjourned at 7:56pm