2022-01-03 Davis Makerspace General Meeting
Contents of Meeting
- Meeting start @ 7:00
- Previous minutes
Board Members attending
General public in attendance:
- Review communication w/ Crista and library.
- Measurements for 3D printers.
- In future will collect more info about event attendance, e.g. repair cafe.
- Otherwise, things slow for the holidays.
- Emily to reach out again to Crista to see what is next.
- When might open up for in person?
- Unsure at the moment, given COVID and all.
- Jax: What about the air monitoring class?
- Bill H: Has parts lists; perhaps end of February.
- Roland: is that to be in person?
- Bill H: Assuming yes; hadn’t thought about a Zoom version.
- Interest among at least 4 people in this meeting for the class.
- Air sensor for PM2.5 w/ Arduino.
- Bill H will send out a purchase list via a wiki or website page.
- Bill K also has a build he has done, which he will share via Google Doc.
- Jax: Another repair cafe coming up?
- Bill H: February/March perhaps?
- Emily S: Hoping for better weather / less cold / less Omicron. Plan ahead so that we are ready to go once we have a window.
- Edward B: Gas heaters for outdoor activities?
- Emily S: Maybe so; library might even have some. Something to ask about.
- Edward B: Shared some pics of snow pack in Tahoe.
- Bill H: Any other lower-priced laser cutter models come up?
- Emily S: Haven’t found any; part of the issue is only the higher-priced ones seem to be customizable by the manufacturer.
- Jax: Anyone reached out to Brittney about this?
- Not recently.
- Emily S will post link to document about laser cutter.
- Jax: Any admin work for state non-profit status?
- James H: Will look into it.
- Jax: Any finances change?
- Roland: Nope; no expenses.
- Julie M: While asking about repair cafe, also ask about air quality monitor workshop?
- Emily S / Bill H: Yup.
- Bill will revisit the air quality monitor description.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35pm