Called to order: 7:08
- James H,
- Emily S,
- Alan G,
- Julie M,
- Braden P,
- Bill H,
- Jax S,
- Crista C,
- Katrina L,
- Mark R.
2) Potential Space
– Crista thanked us for the details we provided for use of the space, she says 90 days for the process to complete for renovation of the room. $10k to renovate the room, taking out wall, cutting in wall, flooring, after that would come equipment. Safety compliance is first priority.
– grant opportunity for youth programming – $10k – potentially stuff for the library and travelling kits – robotics kits for “kids” – broader focus – due at EOM.
– DMS could letter of support for grant application – library is writing the grant – supplementing our offering, library would help with the youth resource programming.
– kits for family orientation.
– Asking about Woodland’s Liability Waiver – to compare and see what is needed.
4) Future Activities
– discuss need for repair cafe soonish while construction is going on to build momentum, and get people interested.
– Library considering all ages 3rd tuesday crafty space, will help staff.
5) Fundraising and Budget
– ES asks about consumables, CC asks for a budget range of the air filters, PLA and other things. Estimate on current 3d printing load. Fundraising in Blanchard Room ?
6) Remodeling Specific Questions and Discussion
– Ventiation – RN asks they keep it in mind that DMS can help supply parts. Library suggests another future phase for laser cutter and ventilation
– CC says they will ask their YOLO GSA for vent options
– BP – asks to consider a wall versus a door into the teen space area, for more storage. Discussion ensues, a garage type door between teen space and new maker room, is a single door a safety issue? door discussion.
– Door to the outside brought up – discussion is positive on a door outside. CC says it could be phased
– BP brings up doing stuff outside out of the rear of the room.
– BP brings up getting rid of wrap around desk. they seem to agree
7) Operations and Fundraising revisited
– CC says things could be lendable – front of new space could be storage for tool lending
– How much storage? All the storage?
– Discussion on fundraising by DMS within the library.